Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is not a kiss the very autograph of love? ~Henry Finck

So I found out I placed 4th in the New England RWA First Kiss Contest. Here is what the editor said...

The writer does a good job of creating a sexy chemistry between the hero and heroine. The premise is unique—always a good thing.

She also said to be careful that my heroine does not come off as shrill. None of the other judges or my critique partners have mentioned this but I will take a second look.

I have finally completed the scene after the first kiss - Hooray!!!

And finally broke through the 20,000 word mark. In the month of January I'm starting my own take on NANO with my friend Yolanda. A thousand words a day. Which will send me over 50,000 word mark - 5,000 words short of THE END.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog! I just came across it when I was browsing.

    Feel free to check out mine!

    http://theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations sis. May you meet all your writing goals. I look forward to standing next to you at your book signing with a T-shirt saying "Liz's sister" on it.

    ReplyDelete