Sunday, August 15, 2010

“Lipstick is not just for looking glamorous; it can be used to signal for help on windows and other surfaces.” Nancy Drew

Get A Clue - Life Wisdom from Nancy Drew
Everything You Ever Needed to Know about Life, You Can Learn From a Teenage Sleuth - By Amy Helmes

Raise a cyber hand if you are/were a fan of Nancy Drew. I was fan - that is until Nancy Drew (Pamela Sue Martin) kissed Frank Hardy (Parker Stevenson) in the television series. But I’m mostly over that - I mean it’s not like she kissed Joe Hardy (Shaun Cassidy - sigh, sigh, sigh) - if that were the case The Hardy Boys would have been investigating the murder of Nancy Drew - LOL.



Anyway - so I am a fan and I picked up the book below that included magnets of Nancy Drew book covers like The Hidden Staircase.



I took the quiz at the end of the book and scored 21 out of 25 making me an ace detective.

Chapter 4 is titles - Hot Dates, Heartaches, and other Courtship Capers
The author makes a good point that “bad boys aren’t Nancy’s cup of tea - having helped to apprehend too many to ever date one”
Her boyfriend Ned - which she meets after he helped her reattach the bumper to her car after an accident - is “not needy for her attention nor threatened by her intelligence - and she does not set aside her own ambitions or sacrifice her independence”

She is a fine role model for teenage girls… unlike the girl from Jeepers Creepers who decides to investigate a well where she saw a man shoving what looks like body bags down it - that girl is what we call in the writing world as Too Stupid To Live.

One more quote from our girl Nancy If worry were an effective weight-loss program, women would be invisible.” Nancy Drew'

6 comments:

  1. Loved the Nancy Drew books. Hated the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys TV series. Even had a Nancy Drew board game once when I was a kid.

    BTW and OT: Anyone watching Rizzoli & Isles with Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander? And am I the only one who didn't know the TV show is based on Tess Gerritsen's series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read Nancy Drew as a child but I enjoyed reading them with my daughter when she was younger.

    And I can vouch for the fact worry is NOT an effective method of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Nancy Drew books - have the old orginals courtsey of mom (she bartered babysitting with a woman who had a slew of them). Read the newer ones but stopped around the time they had her dump Ned since it didn't make sense how they did it. I remember there was chemistry with her and the Hardy Boys in the books, but I don't remember the TV show ... hmm must investigate - maybe Nick at night?

    ReplyDelete
  4. User error - Annoymous is me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by

    Taryn: I haven't see Rizzoli yet nor read the Gerristen's series

    Wendy - too bad it wasn't an effective tool then we all be super models

    Yo - you are too young to remember the series - it aired in 1977

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and even Tom Swift when I was much younger. Introduced my granddaughter to Nancy Drew. She loves them. I knew Rizollli and Isles was based on Tess Garritson's books since I've read and chilled with them all.

    ReplyDelete