Sunday, December 5, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday - 12/5/10



Here are six again from Playing For Keeps (woman sportswriter/pro football player)

Going back to chapter 1. Here my heroine Samantha Jameson (yes I named her after my favorite Irish Whiskey - LOL) is war correspondent turned sportswriter. She waiting to interview the players in the locker room. She knows one of them from college and here is what she is thinking/remembering....

Ryan Terell. The thought of him evoked vivid memories.
Shoulder length hair falling in waves like rumpled satin, eyes the color of a fairy tale forest, and hands made for more than catching passes. Much more. Sure, great packaging, but underneath the chiseled exterior was a man who hadn't socially evolved from dragging his knuckles on the ground. If only he worked as hard on his interior.

21 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Oooh. Rumpled satin! Love that image!

Lisa Fox said...

What a description! He may be a neanderthal, but that packaging sounds lovely.

heatherthurmeier said...

"eyes the color of a fairy tale forest" I love that! Great sentences!

Marsha A. Moore said...

I'm dying to see those eyes, "the color of a fairy tale forest." Swept away with that line.

Sarah Grimm said...

Knuckle dragging jock. I love it!

Kerrianne Coombes said...

I think i could ignor the dragging knuckles if he is a pretty as he sounds.....

Jayel Kaye said...

I loved the "eyes the color of a fairy tale forest" that was just great. He may be the caveman type but , hey, sometimes they are worth the trouble. Oh and I love the picture of the guy with the balls (sorry-couldn't resist)

marianne said...

You sure painted a picture Liz. He would go well with the Godiva brownies I had for breakfast.

Jaime Samms said...

Oh, if only. How many guys like that there are in the world! And girls, too. Just a different asthetic for the outside.

Shoshanna Evers said...

Mmm, he sounds yummy :)

Jessica Subject said...

Great description! :)

Liz said...

Thanks for stopping by.
Glad everyone enjoyed it!

Dee Carney said...

Amen to that sister! I think a lot of them have that problem. lol

Liz said...

@Jayel - very funny :))

JL Walters said...

Really like those sentences. Intrigues me.

Christa Paige said...

Her reaction to him made me grin. How fun.

Alanna Coca said...

I'll take a glass of Jameson with that ball player...

Eve Cassidy said...

hehe love the knuckle dragging part.

Eleri Stone said...

Maybe he's changed?

Joleene Naylor said...

Holy cow! Neanderthal or not he has my attention!

Hailey Edwards said...

LOL I especially enjoyed the knuckle dragging line.