Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Act V - Famous Lines From Shakespeare


Act V – Shakespeare and the Art of Verbal Seduction by Hill and Ottchen

There are lots of great lines from Shakespeare in the chapter on Angling but I’m going to keep it to my ten favorites….

Othello
1. An unauthorized kiss!
2. In following {you} I follow but myself.

As You Like it
3. {Being in love} ‘tis a fault I will not change for your best virtue.
4. Imagine me {your} love, {your} mistress; and every day woo me.

Hamlet
5. Thou turns’t my eyes into very soul.

Much Ado About Nothing
6. But for which of my bad parts didst thou first suffer love for me?

Romeo and Juliet
7. Woo {me} gentle….get {my} heart.
8. Did my heart love till now?
9. I have an interest in your heart’s proceeding.

The Taming of the Shrew
10. Is it possible
That love should of a sudden take such hold?

No comments:

Post a Comment