Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein

I love reading famous love letters and I thought with all the campaigning crap going on we all could enjoy a love letter Ronald Reagan wrote to his wife Nancy. 


Aboard Air Force One

March 4 1983

Dear First Lady

I know tradition has it that on this morning I place cards   Happy Anniversary cards on your breakfast tray.  But things are somewhat mixed up.  I substituted a gift & delivered it a few weeks ago.

Still this is the day, the day that marks 31 years of such happiness as comes to few men.  I told you once that it was like an adolescent's dream of what marriage should be like.  That hasn't changed.

You know I love the ranch but these last two days made it plain I only love it when you are there.  Come to think of it that's true of every place & every time.  When you aren't there I'm no place, just lost in time & space.

I more than love you, I'm not whole without you.  You are life itself to me.  When you are gone I'm waiting for you to return so I can start living again.

Happy Anniversary & thank you for 31 wonderful years.

I love you

Your Grateful Husband 

No comments:

Post a Comment