Sunday, February 8, 2015

Countdown Spotlight - Day 9 - The Sport of Romance - Violet Vaughn

Ten days until The Sport of Romance releases! - You can pre-order it now for only 99cents! Yes, 10 books, 10 authors, 1 Hot Price! (Links below) 

Each day until release day, I'll be spotlighting a snippet from one of the books included!


The Countdown continues with...

Day 9 -  Crave by Violet Vaughn



He leads me to a path in the woods. When we enter the trees, the construction noise is muffled. The air is cooler. A deep, earthy smell penetrates me. We step down a steep incline and I hear it, the sound of trickling water. A small brook ahead, the water lazily makes its way down like the blood in my veins. Similar to a hidden message, when it’s revealed I gasp. There’s a circular area next to the brook. It must have been cleared once. We step inside. The tall trees have all bent over, creating a dome; the branches thin near the middle. Rays of sun stream in toward the center. It’s magical.
I whisper, “Oh, Jason.” Somehow the sound of a voice wouldn’t be right. I hold my camera in one hand, but the other is on my heart. It’s as if this place fills it with love. I look up at Jason in wonder. He smiles down at me, and a sunbeam behind him makes his hair glow. I’m so captivated by the magnificence tears spring to my eyes. “It’s so beautiful.”
I sink down to springy, soft moss and slide my hands across the cool, moist plant. Jason crouches down next to me. He whispers too, “I thought of you the moment I saw it. I can’t explain why, but I knew I had to bring you here.”
I pick up the camera and take a picture. The flash goes off and I stop. I look at Jason and shake my head. “It won’t work. Nothing can capture this.”
He takes my hand and puts it on his heart. “This is where we keep it.” I look at him and see the allure here in his eyes. His heart beats under my fingers, and his hand sends tiny waves of pleasure through me. I’m overcome with such peace I don’t want to move.

I take my hand off his chest and reach up to his face. He leans into it. This is my Jason. One who treasures small pieces of magic. I still love him. It’s a love all its own, one I can’t describe. A love that fills my heart beyond measure. I’m not sad to know this. It just is.





No comments:

Post a Comment