Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it - Helen Keller


(from wikipedia) Helen Adams Keller (June 27, 1880 – June 1, 1968) was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deaf/blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.[1][2] The story of how Keller's teacher, Anne Sullivan, broke through the isolation imposed by a near complete lack of language, allowing the girl to blossom as she learned to communicate, has become widely known through the dramatic depictions of the play and film The Miracle Worker

I remember going to see the movie and being totally amazed! Still am!

Here are some quotes from Helen Keller....

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
-- Helen Keller


The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
-- Helen Keller

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
-- Helen Keller

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
-- Helen Keller


What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.
-- Helen Keller

Which is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz - Very interesting. I actually was thinking of helen keller the other day while trying to explain to my son that not everyone can ear or see the same way he does. but had no idea she had so many wonderful quotes.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - that's not everyone can "hear" or see... Seemed to not press my shift key appropriately either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol- believe me I know how that is - even worse if I try to type without my reading glasses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the line about soaring. You always find interesting things to post

    ReplyDelete