Friday, April 8, 2011

A dream which is not interpreted is like a letter which is not read - The Talmud



The stuff dreams are made of...

Have you ever had a dream so vivid that it stuck with you, made you think, even helped make a decision? I did a few days ago. Before I had gone to bed I had 2 files up on my computer - the young adult and the women's fiction I've been working on - I was fiddling around with both - still not sure which one I wanted to work on, I ended up not working at all - then I went to bed.....

and had many strange dreams - flittering from one image to another as dreams often do - BUT it ended in a scene that was so peaceful and grounded in reality- here is what happen...

I'm sitting at a picnic table - the light is soft and there is a nip in the air - I'm painting a close up of a white rose with Beyonce (yes Beyonce) and w/o looking at me she says, "What's the matter, Liz? You haven't been yourself." I say, "I feel out of sorts." She looks at me and says, "Well get yourself sorted out." We simply went back to painting... and I woke up

And knew I had to work on the women's fiction. Why? Because visions of the Virgin Mary will play a large part in the book.

Further investigations on dream interpretations prove me right.

A white rose could mean: spiritual love and purity / holy or cosmic love / a new beginning / making peace w/someone
It is also the flower of the Virgin Mary

To dream about painting could mean: symbolizes your need to express your creative potential / points to a change or a need to change

Okay so you might be wondering why Beyonce? So was I - I like her but I'm not a huge fan and she hasn't been in the news lately - no new album - so why her? I looked up what the name Beyonce means and.... drum roll please....

...she who is beyond all others .... sounds a lot like the Virgin Mary to me!

I hope I have more dreams like this!
So one more quote about dreams...
"Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you." Marsha Norman

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post and interesting dream. The only ones I've ever had have been prophetic about future events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Liz! Sometimes I wake from a dream that was so real I actually have to convince myself it wasn't! Good luck with the two stories you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is strange and interesting. I've definitely had those dreams; most often they're work-related. Often a blend characters from work and characters from personal life. And the ones that seem to stay with me have an element of unease -- even terror -- about them!
    Try Freud's Interpretation of Dreams sometime!
    (Disappointed you're not at Six Sentence Sunday this week! I always look forward to six bits!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by

    @Taryn - forgot to sign up
    medical stuff going on

    ReplyDelete