Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering...Honoring - Memorial Day

The story of America's quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots. ~Randy Vader

Let no vandalism of avarice or neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations, that we have forgotten, as a people, the cost of a free and undivided Republic. ~John A. Logan

Today, in between the bar-q's and the shopping take a moment to remember those who gave their lives for America.

I'll be volunteering up at the Bethel-Woods Musuem between 9:30 to 12 today. I'm wondering what the day will bring as the first section of the musuem is dedicated to the sixties as a whole, which includes, of course, the Vietnam War. Hope I don't get emotional. Hope, others don't either because then I'm a goner.

I leave you with one more quote...

How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! ~Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment