Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Fold him in his country's stars." -- George Henry Boker


Two weeks ago I volunteered up at the Bethel-Woods Museum's where the traveling half-sized replica of The Wall That Heals - Vietnam War Memorial was displayed. It was truly a honor to do so and a very humbling experience. I cried even before I got up to the wall.

The veterans volunteering at this event were nothing short of wonderful. I was always aware of the importance of Memorial Day but this years will have even more meaning.

Thank you to all soldiers past and present for your service and sacrifice.

I liked to share some other quotes I found...

The dead soldier's silence sings our national anthem. ~Aaron Kilbourn

We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them. ~Francis A. Walker

As I approach the gates of heaven;
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I've served my time in hell. -Mark Anthony Gresswell

No comments:

Post a Comment