Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years." ~Simone Signoret




25 Years of Marriage. The Vatican hasn't called me yet to confirm that my canonization is being fast-tracked(being that I'm still alive and all) but still - since St. Elizabeth is taken, I thought St. Liz has a nice ring to it.

Even Bill Cosby agrees with me:
"For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked." ~Bill Cosby, Love and Marriage

Here are some more quotes on marriage:

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin

"Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century." ~Mark Twain

Okay - I can't help myself - I have to throw a funny one in:

"I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudner

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy and the quotes are well put. Here's to many more years! (picture champagne glass toast)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Aniversary! Love the picture! As far as quotes how about: Love is never having to say excuse me when you fart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. You look MAHVELOUS! Beautiful bride, handsome hero.

    Many congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Would you believe me if I said I was a blushing bride? No, I didn't think so. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, Congrats and the picture is lovely. Haven't changed that smile a bit.

    ReplyDelete