Sunday, June 13, 2010

All’s Fair in Love and War - Team Betty or Team Veronica?



At $2.98 I couldn’t help but pick up Betty and Veronica: A Girl’s Guide to the ‘Comic’ World of Dating.

The saga of a love triangle comic book style - Betty vs. Veronica for the affections of Archie. Right up there with Arthur, Lancelot, and Guinevere, Carrie, Mr. Big, and Aidan or Bella, Jacob, and Edward (LOL).

The book gave relationship pitfalls and dating advice for each personality types of:
Archie
Jughead
Reggie
Dilton
Moose

And

Betty and Veronica’s Do and Don’t of Dating - like my favorite -
Don’t experiment drastically with your look before a big event (so true)

And

A quiz to determine you comic book counterpart.
So who am I? I’m Betty Cooper with a little a touch of Cheryl Blossom.

Some magnets were included with nuggets of wisdom such as:
- Sharing is caring, but when it comes to boyfriends, get your own!
-I brake for prince charmings!
-Cute boys are a dime a dozen-and I'll take five dollars worth (does Veronica realize that's 600 boys!)

So I want to know - are you Team Betty or Team Veronica - OR are you like me who would have told Archie to take a hike a couple of decades ago?

5 comments:

  1. OMG that is too funny. 60 boys. Oh my. I liked the comic but I never Archie just didn't do it for me ... so I'd have to move on to one of those 60 other boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was more a Spiderman follower. There's something about a man in spandex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to LOVE Betty and Veronica, and I hate to admit this, I always wanted Veronica to win. Betty was so boring and good! Hated her...god, what does this say about me and my characters???

    ReplyDelete
  4. it means you like drama in your stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did not like the Archie comics. Thought they were silly. Didn't read many comic books as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete