Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend. ~Author Unknown


I've got Mondays covered with Monday Funny. Wednesday's will now be Reading Wednesdays where I pull a book off my shelf, photograph it, and share either the story of how I aquired it or why it's on my shelf and not donated to the Literacy Library in town.


My first selection is Snoopy and the Red Baron by Charles M. Schulz. I grew up reading Peanuts and hearing the songs about Snoopy and the Red Baron so when I came across this in a library sale for the cost of only $1, I had to have it. The copyright is from 1966. It would probably be worth something if it weren't for the previous owner (someone named Gordon who received it as a birthday gift from Mommy and Daddy) scribbling in a few places but I don't care. The worth is in the childhood memories it brings back.
And who knew Snoopy was quite the romatic hero? "She does not understand ze English...Ah, but she will understand that I am a handsome young pilot...And she? She is a beautiful French girl..."




1 comment:

  1. I remember Dad liking the song, "Snoopy vs.the Red Baron".

    ReplyDelete