Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"I may not have riches, but I have a rich life." - Liz Matis


In the October 18th issue of The New Yorker there is a short article by Rebecca Mead – interviewing Arne Glimcher an art gallery owner - he said something so true –

“It was a question of choosing the life you wanted to live, and I wanted a life in art. There is no chance if getting rich as an art dealer, but there was a chance of a rich life with artists.”

Wow.

Even though I have my day job as a mild manner accountant which brings in the cash, I surround myself with creative people whether it’s the wonderful woman of both my critique groups, the Woodstock Film Festival, writing conferences or attend a play my sister, the actress, is in. My son is an unemployed news producer(writer)/comedian and my husband can create just about anything with pieces of wood. And, of course, my writing where I can create my own worlds.

So you see I may not have riches but I have a rich life.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, sure, it's all fine and good until you contract some hideous disease in your unheated garret.

    Oh. Wait. That's Rent.

    Or La Boheme.

    Never mind.

    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see this is why I'm a civil servant - health insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. I am happy to be part of your rich life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true and so important. Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete