Friday, March 19, 2010

"Any girl can look glamorous... just stand there and look stupid" Doris Day



My Mom had this album and as a little girl I'd pretend to be dressed in this blue gown and I would sing into a hair brush as Doris Day sang.

Here are some of her quotes...

The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out of it! - Doris Day

Middle age is youth without levity, and age without decay. - Doris Day

Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty. - Doris Day

and my most favorite...

If it's true that men are such beasts, this must account for the fact that most women are animal lovers. - Doris Day

3 comments:

Terri said...

Que sera, sera.

Liz said...

what ever will be, will be. The future is not ours to see...

Wendy Marcus said...

Que sera, sera....
Her quotes about middle age have me thinking.....