Friday, March 5, 2010

Everything you see I owe to spaghetti - Sophia Loren




Yeah, I'm starting the spaghetti diet PRONTO! Sophia Loren is a timeless beauty. Class all the way. Here are some of my favorite quotes by Sophia....

A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
Sophia Loren

Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.
Sophia Loren

Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got.
Sophia Loren

Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner.
Sophia Loren

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.
Sophia Loren

Stop by Sunday where I will reveal the dress I would be wearing to the Oscars to pick up my Best Screenplay Adapted from a Novel award - you know if I actually wrote one - and went on that spaghetti diet.

4 comments:

  1. So far Sophia's quotes, as a whole, are my favorites. But I'm still loving Bette's fifty million dollar quote overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous old dame now, never one of my favorites.

    One who is: Lauren Bacall, who's receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Oscars Sunday night.

    Best line: "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." (To Have and Have Not)
    Here's a clip. (Great kiss with Humphrey Bogart, too.)
    http://bit.ly/Y1ZoT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri- bacall is on my list
    Wendy - so far favorite are the mae west quotes

    ReplyDelete