Monday, March 1, 2010

Old age is no place for sissies. - Bette Davis




Back to my starlets famous quote series. Todays post is Bette Davis. Here are some of my favorites by her....

Gay Liberation? I ain't against it, it's just that there's nothing in it for me.

I'd marry again if I found a man who had fifteen million dollars, would sign over half to me, and guarantee that he'd be dead within a year.

I've no time for broads who want to rule the world alone. Without men, who'd do up the zipper on the back of your dress?

I'm the nicest goddamn dame that ever lived

Three years ago I was forty... forty! Four-oh! That slipped out. Now I suddenly feel as if I've taken all my clothes off.

Which is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. You've got to love Bette Davis! My favorite quote is the 15 million dollar one. Go Bette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is her conditions for marriage. Smart gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying your starlet quote series and look forward to hearing more from the many distinguished dames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bette Davis movies. My favorite quotes...are not from her but from her movie roles:
    "I'd love ta kiss ya, but I just washed my hair." (Cabin in the Cotton)
    "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night." (All About Eve)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bette Davis, but my favorite lines are from her movie roles:
    "I'd love ta kiss you, but I just washed my hair." (Cabin in the Cotton)
    "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night! (All About Eve)

    ReplyDelete