Saturday, March 14, 2009

A woman's health is her capital - Harriet Beecher Stowe

If this is true then I'm about as healthy as our stock market. My 'woman' issues have not abated and in fact have gotten worse. The goal is to prevent a hysterectomy so my doctor and I are going thru a check list of options.

I've tried an endomentrial abalation which did not work and now I'm on the drug Provera, which is also not working. So I will be off to the doctor next week to discuss the next step. (long suffering sigh)

I have managed to lose 6 pounds which I hope will help alleviate my symptoms. I don't want to turn this blog into a my medical journey but it's the reason I haven't been posting on a regular basis.

So I'll leave you with this quote...

Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles.- Rita Rudner

1 comment:

  1. Liz, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope some of the options you and your dr. come up with will be more successful. Thinking of you-

    ReplyDelete