Sunday, December 9, 2012

“It is not sacrifice if you love what you're doing.” Mia Hamm

 It occurred to me that I never featured a female athlete in my series of Quotes of Famous Women. Hmmm...odd for someone who played basketball in high school and was 15 when Title IX passed.                        


So here are some quotes from Mia Hamm.

“Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it.” Mia Hamm

“I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.” Mia Hamm

"There are always new, grander challenges to confront, and a true winner will embrace each one.” Mia Hamm

"The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking.” Mia Hamm


No comments:

Post a Comment