Friday, July 31, 2009

What so wild as words are? - Robert Browning

As I was reading a free copy of Romantic Times from the conference I came across an article about a website called SaveTheWords.org. Hundreds of words are dropped from the English language every year from lack of use. Visitors to the site are asked to adopt an endangered word and pledge to use it in conversation and correspondence. You can also buy a T-shirt with the adopted word on it.

Cool. (I know. I know. Total Geek!)

Anyway, while I did not officially adopt a word (you have to sign up and I don't need to remember yet another username/password), I selected one for my blog today. Here it is...

odynometer - instrument for measuring pain
The new financial system at work caused the odynometer hooked to my body to explode.

My good deed for the day is done - I saved a word. Now if I could just figure out a way to destroy that financial system...

No comments:

Post a Comment