Sunday, September 6, 2009

A collection of good sentences resembles a string of pearls. Chinese Proverb

Been busy since my last post. A good busy...although I didn't get much writing done.

I did read the new RWR. Here are some items I found interesting

Writers On Writing - featuring Cindi Myers by Eillen Putman
"Those years of rejection were hard, but I told myself this was my apprenticeship - a ballet dancer doesn't start out with a starring role, and a violinist doesn't begin as first chair. The only way I knew to get better as a writer was to keep writing. I learned a lot from every manuscript I completed.

Work Smarter, Not Harder by Jane McBride Choate
Elaine Levine - "I try to make one product handle mulitple things. I have a serialized prequel to my book on my web site." She records clips to have a audio/visual on her web site, republish it on YouTube and on various podcast directories.
Rosane Kean found the Natural Reader program that will read anything written in Word and PDF formats. There is a free version that will read several paragraphs at a time.

How to Run a Web Site Contest (Without Going to Jail) by Courtney Milan
- okay after reading this I may never run a contest - but if I do I should state... "The odds of winning depend upon the number of participants."

One more thing...
My writing frind Gina Rosavin took first place in the sexy category of Summer Sizzle Contest. The editor at Samhain requested to see her manuscript titled In the Devil's Arm. Congrats Gina!

No comments:

Post a Comment