Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Be your own hero, it's cheaper than a movie ticket. Doug Horton

My hero for Love By Design is a cross between Matthew McConaughey and Sawyer from the TV series LOST. (yum yum). - I'm about 75 pages in and the Sawyer in my character is taking over. I just wrote this scene and it's so him.

This is a rough draft as you will see but I had to share...

What one?”
Yellow cake in a fancy paper cup with fluffy pink icing plopped on top tempted him. He wondered how many calories the treat contained and how many grams of fat. Russ didn’t get six pack abs from drinking beer and eating junk food. Which reminded him at some point he’d have get his workouts in. Otherwise his shirt would be staying on and he’d get fired from his moonlighting job.
“No, thanks.” He patted his stomach. “ ?????????”
Some more dialogue here….
“It looks like a cupcake made for girls.”
“Sugar and spice and everything nice." Victoria waved one under his nose.
The scent of vanilla hit him hard. “Are you talking about you or the cupcake?”

Seeeeeeee....can you just picture Sawyer saying this (but with an Aussie accent). Be still my heart . I'm falling in love with my hero! Shhhhh....don't tell my husband. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment