Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Motivation is when your dreams put on work clothes. - Benjamin Franklin

The new issue of Writer's Digest arrived in the mail, but nothing really gave me an 'ahhhh' moment. This is probably tied to my general mood at the moment, which is 'the blahs'.
I didn't even make my Tuesday night critique group. (It's an hour away and I don't get home until after 11:00)

The writing is slow. I was riding high 2 weeks ago but then came to a halt, writing only a couple of sentences a day before becoming frustrated and turning off the computer.

So today I decided to go back and start revising the first 18,000 words - so at least I'm working. Also, I really, really must finish that sci-fi short story if it's the last thing I do. Maybe, this is the perfect time to do it.

So even though I've come up against a roadblock, I've turned around and took a detour. Who knows maybe it's just the scenic route. Either way I'll get to The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment