Saturday, May 1, 2010

"I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn't something left in life of charm and grace." Margaret Mitchell - Gone With The Wind


A poem I sketched out:
by Elizabeth Matis

praying
God's grace
blankets the earth
in peace
wrapping mankind
in HIS
warm embrace

weeping
Satan's breath
lifts the veil
of lace
to reveal
our true face

Pleading
our case
please God
do not
abandon the
human race

Opening
your heart
He said
is the first
step to
obtaining grace



Hope you enjoyed it. I wish I knew who to give credit for the wonderful photo but I thought it well with my poem.

5 comments:

  1. Liked the poem - very fitting if you saw the news today. Hope to see more poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is a prayer and expresses truth...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice poem. And I loved the picture. The two together were perfect.

    ReplyDelete