Sunday, February 19, 2012

You never find yourself until you face the truth. Pearl Bailey

What I love about doing the Quotes By Famous Women series is that I learn a whole a lot. As a child I remember Pearl Bailey appearing on The Muppet Show and didn't know anything about her fabulous life which you can read about here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Bailey


Here are my favorite quotes from Pearl...


The first and worst of all frauds is to cheat one's self. All sin is easy after that.
Pearl Bailey



Sometimes I would almost rather have people take away years of my life than take away a moment.
Pearl Bailey

There are two kinds of talent, man-made talent and God-given talent. With man-made talent you have to work very hard. With God-given talent, you just touch it up once in a while.
Pearl Bailey


What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.
Pearl Bailey

We look into mirrors but we only see the effects of our times on us - not our effects on others.
Pearl Bailey


Which is your favorite?

1 comment: