Thursday, February 6, 2014

A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you. ~Françoise Sagan

I don't own many dresses. But I do have a lot of clothes. Too many. Too many that I never wear. So much so that I have spread out to my husband closet. But he is resigned to this and besides it gives him a reason to tease me.
But on a recent snow day I pulled EVERYTHING out of my closet.


I wiped down the closet and vacuumed the floor. Then I began the tedious process of deciding what to throw out and what to keep. I had to face hard facts... the leopard print mid thigh skirt looked super cute ....in my THIRTIES. I haven't worn the skirt in more than a decade. REALLY? Why am I keeping it?

Anyway, here is the result. The bag in the corner there is what I'm giving to the nearest clothing charity bin. Not bad. But not enough to give up my space in my husband's closet.   

Is there a piece of clothing you just won't give up on?  

2 comments:

  1. I've got a little black dress I bought at Ann Taylor about 25 years ago. It's perfect--shows off the leg--low cut, but not too low cut. I adore this dress. Yet I now look like a sausage in it... when I can get the zipper up. Time to pass it on to the Salvation ARmy? Yep! Will I? ... Well, will I? ... Give me a little more time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's come to this. Role reversal where my daughter says, "Don't by anything, Mom, I'll bring over hand -me-ups you'll love." and she does. New stuff, too. So I'll clean out the short skirt,perfect dresses purchased years-centuries ago and let her have her way with me. Oops-a line from my new story. Purple Heart-more bags to fill for you.
    Thanks for a fun post, dear Liz and a gorgeous website.

    ReplyDelete