Sunday, September 21, 2008

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

from the backcover blurb... Follwowing a divorce and crushing depression, Gilbert set out to discover three different aspects of her nature, set against the backdrop of three different cultures....

Truthfully, I didn't see what the hoopla was all about. I'm glad the author came through her experience whole and happy. Truly, I am. But I didn't connect with her. Most likely because I never went thru the bone-crushing depression she suffered and hope I never do. Though my husband went thru it as did my father, neither had the luxury of taking a year off to discover themselves. So to me it seemed indulgent - but hey I'm of the school of thought of - 'what ever works for you'. It just didn't work for me.

Here is what I did like...her description of Rome. Italy was not on my list of places to visit, but now I must have pizza from Pizzia de Michele in Naples. Gilbert's style of writing is excellent.

Now, I'm off to storyboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment