Monday, November 10, 2008

“Well, it all started when I figured out that the janitor at my high school was the Angel of Death...” from Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff

from the back cover: Jane Charlotte has been arrested for murder. She says she’s a member of a secret organization devoted to fighting evil. She say’s she’s working with the Department for the Final Disposition of Irredeemable Persons-aka "Bad Monkeys." Her confession has landed her in the jail’s psychiatric wing and earns her countless hours of poking, probing, and questioning by a professional. But is Jane crazy or lying? Or is she playing a whole different game altogether?
I wasn’t planning on buying a book - just browsing I told myself - when I was drawn to the bright yellow book titled Bad Monkeys. It was a interesting read. Written in a conversational tone the book’s fast pace led me down twists and turns with a truly satisfying, yet unpredictable ending. If you are looking for something different then do as Christopher Moore, author of A Dirty Job wrote, "Read it, memorize then destroy it. There are eyes everywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment