Thursday, April 15, 2010

Adding sound to movies would be like putting lipstick on the Venus de Milo. - Mary Pickford



from our greatest silent actress - the original America's Sweetheart - Mary Pickford

It would have been more logical if silent pictures had grown out of the talkies instead of the other way around. - Mary Pickford

on Charles Chaplin] That obstinate, suspicious, egocentric, maddening and lovable genius of a problem child. - Mary Pickford

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power. - Mary Pickford

and my favorite:
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. - Mary Pickford

I'll be posting on Sunday and I'll let you know all about Saturday's writer's conference at William Paterson University.

1 comment:

  1. I like the: failure is not falling down, it's staying down.

    Enjoy the conference. I look forward to a full report!!

    ReplyDelete