Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I live by a man's code, designed to fit a man's world, yet at the same time I never forget that a woman's first job is to...


...choose the right shade of lipstick. - Carole Lombard

“I think marriage is dangerous. The idea of two people trying to possess each other is wrong. I don’t think the flare of love lasts. Your mind rather than your emotions must answer for the success of matrimony. It must be a friendship- a calm companionship which can last through the years.” - Carole Lombard

You ought to see the map for my face in the Makeup Department. It looks like a landscape of the moon.” - Carole Lombard

I can’t imagine a duller fate than being the best dressed woman in reality. When I want to do something I don’t pause to contemplate whether I’m exquisitely gowned. I want to live, not pose!” Carole Lombard


And this is just priceless - I wonder if she said during or after their marriage...
[after Clark Gable was crowned "The King of Hollywood" Carole joked] “If his pee-pee was one inch shorter, they’d be calling him the Queen of Hollywood.” - Carole Lombard

(GEE - no wonder Scarlett was still after Ashley - lol)

2 comments:

  1. Go Carole! Queen of Hollywood indeed! What do they say about a woman scorned???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was watching a movie with Carole Lombard in it this weekend. It was playing in a restaurant with the volume off. She was captivating to watch, even though I never heard a bit of dialogue.

    So it was good to read some of her non-scripted thoughts about life.

    ReplyDelete