Thursday, February 24, 2011

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death. Ayn Rand



The above quotes says it all doesn't?
I can't tell you how important Ayn Rand has been to me. I still remember reading Anthem when I was 13 and what an impact it had on me - as well as her other writings. I keep meaning to go back and re-read them but there are so many books that I haven't read....

Anyway - here are some more awesome quotes from her....

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
Ayn Rand

Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.
Ayn Rand

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Ayn Rand

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Ayn Rand

To say "I love you" one must first be able to say the "I."
Ayn Rand

1 comment: