Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman." Virginia Woolf


Been a long time since I blogged in my Famous Women Quotes series.

Adeline Virginia Woolf (pronounced /ˈwʊlf/; 25 January 1882 – 28 March 1941) was an English author, essayist, publisher, and writer of short stories, regarded as one of the foremost modernist literary figures of the twentieth century.

Here are some of my favorites..

If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
Virginia Woolf

A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.
Virginia Woolf

I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in. Virginia Woolf

Someone has to die in order that the rest of us should value life more. Virginia Woolf

Why are women... so much more interesting to men than men are to women? Virginia Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment