Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 2 - Discovering the Writer Within

Discovering the Writer Within by Ballenger & Lane. It’s a 40 day program to exercise your creativity and imagination. I’m giving a general feel for the assignment and a little bit of what I accomplished.

Day 2: Write down 5 childhood memories (positive or negative), pick one that wants to be written about, and free write for ten minutes. Evaluate.

Here is a best of what I wrote (after revising it that is):

I wished for rain. Another sunny day. Another day my newly purchased rain gear would hang in the closet. Made of slick, glossy plastic, colored in stripes of pink, yellow, and green, my raincoat would be a beacon on a cloudy day. With the matching floppy hat, umbrella, and boots, I would be the envy of all.
Unable to resist, I pull the outfit from the closet to try it on. Again. I stroll through the house, twirling the umbrella like a Southern Belle. Then break into a rendition of Singing In the Rain.
I am five. And I wished for rain.

That was fun. See you tomorrow for Day 3.

1 comment: