Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 6 - Discovering the Writer Within

Discovering the Writer Within by Ballenger & Lane. It’s a 40 day program to exercise your creativity and imagination. I’m giving a general feel for the assignment and a little bit of what I accomplished.

Day 6: Clustering: Put a word in the center of a blank page. Free associate branches of words fanning out from the center. If a word triggers it - branch off from that word. Evaluate. Pick a strand of thought and free write for 10 minutes. The purpose of these assignments is help you face a blank page and the dredge up memories, feelings, and details that you have forgotten.

I free associated from the word BEACH and chose funnel cakes to free write.
Here is a best of what I wrote:

Smell of fried dough
mingled with the
scents of salt and Coopertone

Ocean Breezes
an accessory to the
crime I was to commit

Perhaps the diet police
would take a bribe
and let me eat.

I had to push myself to do this assignment, but I’m glad I did. See you tomorrow for Day 7.

1 comment: