Monday, December 13, 2010

Live each day the fullest you can, not guaranteeing there'll be a tomorrow, not dwelling endlessly on yesterday.” Jane Seymour


I'm a big fan of Jane Seymour - How can I not be when I'm a romance writer and she was in 2 of my favorites romantic films - Somewhere in Time and The Scarlet Pimpernel.

I purchased this book in 1986 (gulp!) - Guide to Romantic Living

The book is more of an auto-biography – with numerous tips thrown in – like

Take your life in hand and be your own heroine.

In good, lasting relationships you don’t stare into each other’s eyes all the time: you together in the same direction. You share a life together

It should only be in a romance novel that marriage marks the end of romance: marriage should be the beginning of a richer, deeper romance based on shared memories, shared family: on listening, flirting, paying attention to his feelings as well as his words. Don’t behave like a wife, behave like a mistress.

Of course, one must remember that when she wrote this she was already on her third marriage (which she talks about in the book) and since then on her fourth….but it’s still an enjoyable read and I love the fairy tale like pictures in the book….

Gee…I’ve been married 25 years – maybe I should write a book about it – but it won’t be called Guide to Romantic Living…-

perhaps

Marriage: Confessions From the Trenches

I can use pictures of me in my flannel-lined jeans and talk about using my feminine wiles to get a new kitchen floor.

I smell a bestseller.

4 comments:

  1. Liz, Do Like your idea of a book on Marriage. Let your sense of humor show. I once started one but never got too far. What I can remember are some chapter titles such as Dust Bunnies Under the Bed and I was Born at a Late Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Liz. It's so great to keep up with your thoughts and wonderful humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. You"re idea for a book on marraige made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete